Thriller Dance Practice Sep 26th, 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Learn the Thriller Dance for the Zombie march October 28th.
Story Hour Sep 27th, 1:00am to 2:00am
reading a story, craft, songs, snack
Afternoon Story Time Sep 27th, 2:00pm to 3:00pm
Th1rteen R3asons Why You Matter Sep 28th, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
A Seven Week, Two Hour Discussion Group
Beginning, August 31st, we will watch episodes of the Netflix Drama based on the book by Jay Asher and discuss why this book is very personal to you.
Thursdays, 6:30-8:30 PM
All students and their parents are invited to attend. This is a very raw and very real, in your face program dealing with issues that sorely need to be brought to the table. WARNING: The show is graphic in language and in details.
Teen Time Sep 29th, 3:30pm to 5:00pm
Teen time is a time to unwind and just be in a safe place for a while. This can include volunteering, gaming, and/or just hanging out.
GREAT Halloween Costume Swap Oct 6th, 8:30am to Oct 7th, 12:30pm
SAVE RESOURCES, PACKAGING, TRANSPORTATION COSTS, AND MONEY THIS YEAR BY SWAPPING A COSTUME INSTEAD OF BUYING NEW.
On Friday, October 6th, Drop off your used but in GREAT condition costumes for children or adults at the library and get a token for the swap. Patrons can redeem tokens on Saturday, October 7th, 10 AM – 12:30 PM.
- Costume must be COMPLETE outfit—no partial costumes or parts.
- Costume should be in “good” to “excellent’ condition-no rips, tears, or stains unless they are part of the costume
- The Floyd County Public Library does not guarantee that you will find a costume in your size.
- The swap is a first come first serve basis, however you must be respectful of other swappers and only swap for what you need.
- Costumes may be tried on at the event; we suggest you wear something you can slip a costume over to avoid the hassle of dressing and undressing.
- Any unswapped costumes will not be returned. They will be donated to Goodwill.
Edgar Allan Poe Activities & Play Oct 6th, 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Breast Cancer Awareness Event Oct 12th, 4:00pm to 5:00pm
McDowell ARH is going to provide information about breast cancer prevention. We will be serving refreshment and making a craft at this event.
This program is for women and teen girls.